SIMPLE and effective way to instantly create more space for you and your family – a drive away awning is a great addition to your motorhome or caravan.
Coming in a range of shapes, sizes and colours, you will find the perfect touring awning for your vehicle at Newquay Camping Shop, Cornwall Largest selection of camper van awnings with over 20 different models in stock.
They can be used to give extra storage space, provide another room for cooking and can even be used as for extra bedrooms, as many come with detachable inner tents.
Another big advantage of the motorhome awning is the ease at which they can be assembled and disassembled, with styles to fit nearly any motorhome.
As the premier retailer for Cornwall motorhome accessories, we supply touring awnings from several major manufacturers, including: Outwell, Royal, Kampa, Easy Camp and Vango
We have drive away awnings to fit either van-based or coachbuilt motorhomes – from Volkswagens and Mazda Bongos to Mercedes Vitos, Fiat Ducatos and Ford Transits.
Here at Newquay Camping Shop we also stock all the drive away awning fixing kits and accessories.
One of our most popular ranges is for the T4 and T5 Volkswagen camper vans, with people converting their VW camper.
Our range for the Mazda Bongo is also increasingly popular, with many wanting to add a little extra space to their vehicle. One of the most popular we sell for the Mazda is the Easy Camp Sebring which has a large living area, sewn in groundsheet and sleeping pod for 2 people.
We are regularly asked ‘what awning will fit my van?’ The answer is simple – All the models we sell will fit your van. You just have to decide what you want from your freestanding awning.
Here’s our top 10 reasons why you should buy a drive away awning for your motor home:
1. Extra storage space – keep those bulky suitcases and cooking equipment outside!
2. Cooking – Another room to cook your meals – and keep food smells out of the van
3. Sleeping – Most drive away awnings come with inner tents to sleep more people
4. Ease of fitting – even those with only the basic of camping skills can put up a drive away awning
5. Convenience – When you want to go off and explore in your motorhome, you don’t have to dismantle it. Just detach and drive off!
6. Great choice of styles and colours
7. There’s one to fit all motorhomes
8. Relatively inexpensive
9. Helps mark your pitch when you are away in your motorhome
10. Fully waterproof and stronger than most safari rooms